RSS Feed

Why Bother?

November 11, 2013 by hopev227   

The other day walking into Choir someone called me emo. This person targeted me and wanted to make me feel bad about the way I dressed/looked. Let me just put this out there…. I DON’T CARE ANYMORE! I’ve wasted so much time in my life just worrying about what people thought about me, or what people say about me but one day I woke up and said “what’s the point?” Why shouldn’t I be happy? Why shouldn’t I like the way I dress? Then it hit me like a freight train, why bother to listen to the haters?!? Why give them so much power? If you don’t like the way I dress then too bad, I’m not going to change who I am! Move on with your life, stop targeting me because the more you do the more I don’t care! 😄 So if you have someone in you’re life who just wants you to feel bad about yourself just remember this every 60 seconds you waste being mad, upset, angry, depressed or whatever is another minute of your life that goes by where you weren’t happy.

20131111-194220.jpg

2 Comments »

1. lschoch says:

Well, I think you are adorable and an incredible writer! You are absolutely right about NOT giving people power over you. When people don’t feel good about themselves, they find reasons to target others. It certainly is not about you! It’s about how they feel about themselves. People who feel good about themselves don’t have to find a reason to bring others down! 🙂